Easy Vegan Cheesecake - Raw no bake berry recipe Recipe
Ready to eat: 5 hour 10 min
Nia Bennett | Aug, 29 2018
Try something different this Valentine's day with these tasty raw vegan cheesecake bites. Time to swap chocolate filled sponge cakes and regular cheesecakes with this mouth watering no bake vegan berry cheesecake recipe. It is vegan, gluten free and filled with goodness making this an impressive dessert that is ridiculously easy to make.
This raw berry cheesecake is filled with antioxidants, making it great for your skin, great to taste and it also make a great post workout snack.
- 1 cup pecans (you could also use almonds, walnut or macadamia)
- 8 medjool dates
- Quarter cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4-5 hours)
- Half cup frozen mixed berries
- Quarter cup agave syrup ( you could also use organic honey)
- Quarter cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Prep: 5 hour 0 min > Cook: 10 min > Ready to eat: 5 hour 10 min
- Remove the seeds and soak the dates in warm water for thirty minutes
- Now you could either cut thin strips of parchment paper across each muffin tin to pull these out easily or place them in a muffin wrapper. This step makes it easier to pull these mini cheesecakes after they have been frozen.
- Now gently press two teaspoons of the crust ingredients to each base.
- To make the topping, drain soaked cashews and then rinse them under fresh water and they are ready to be added to a blender, along with berries, agave, coconut oil and lemon juice. Blend this until smooth and pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Take a tablespoon of the smoothie filling and pour on top of the pressed crust.
- Freeze the cheesecakes for two to three hours until solid.
- Remove them from the muffin trays and allow to thaw for twenty minutes and these tasty treats are ready to be eaten.