Best crab rangoon - fried wontons Recipe
Ready to eat: 25 min
Nia Bennett | Oct, 28 2018
I have to admit that I was inspired to make these crab rangoons after seeing it and hearing so many praises for it in Far Cry 4. But I am so pleased that I did and I am never going back because after tinkering around with a few crab rangoon recipes, this crab filled fried wontons are by far the tastiest and the best.
I have made this version a few times during dinner parties and I have to admit this crab rangoon is a show stealer.
If you are looking for starter ideas for a party or you just want to try something new for dinner tonight then I highly recommend these fried, cream cheese and crab meat-filled dumplings and you will never turn your back on them.
- 250g all purpose flour
- 220g crab meat
- 200g cream cheese
- ½ tbsp salt
- 80ml water
- ½ tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions
Prep: 15 min > Cook: 10 min > Ready to eat: 25 min
- Crack egg into a bowl, whisk it, now add water and whisk both together to form a smooth mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, make a well in the middle and add your egg and water mixture. Knead the dough with your hands until elastic, then cut it in half and form two dough balls and then rest it under a damp cloth for ten minutes.
- Take each ball and cut them into four. So you end up with 8 pieces. Roll each ball out with a rolling pin into a 10 inch square. Now cut your wonton wrappers into 2-3 inch squares. Stack them up and cover it with a damp cloth so they don’t dry out.
- For the mixture - mix cream cheese, crab meat, spring onion, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and garlic.
- Dampen the edges of your wonton wrappers with water and then take a tablespoon of thr mixture and put it in the centre of your wonton wrappers.
- To form the shape of the crab rangoon you need to bring the corners up together and before pinching together make sure there is no air inside.
- Repeat this step with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat a pan with oil, once the oil gets hot, deep fry the crab rangoon till golden brown. Once fried, lay the crab rangoons on a paper towel to drain excess oil and these are ready to be served with sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.